What happens in PCOS/PCOD? Understanding PCOS
Women with PCOS tend to have higher levels of Sugar consuming hormone resistance which causes the following:
1. The ovaries produce more androgens such as testosterone
2. Decreases the production sex hormone Globulin (A protein that is responsible to stop testosterone from entering blood cells.)
3. With more testosterone production and less of sex hormone globulin, there is free testosterone floating in the blood.
4. This can cause hair growth on the chest and face, mood swings, fatigue, low sex drive, acne, and other PCOS symptoms.
Symptoms Of PCOS
• Thyroid and adrenal imbalance
• Abnormal menstrual cycle or no menstruation
• Fertility issues
• Pelvic pain
• Weight gain
• Thinning hair on the scalp
• Excessive hair growth, especially on the face (hirsutism)
• Elevated blood pressure level
How to reverse PCOS
• Vegetables & Protein rich diet
• Yoga & Meditation
Different types of exercise have been found to help women with PCOS.
Resistance Training: Helps lower androgen levels.
Aerobic Exercise :
• Reduces sugar consuming homone resistance
• Promote weight loss
• Improves reproductive function
Yoga & Meditation :
• Improves reproductive hormone levels.
• Reduces sugar consuming hormone resistance,
• Reduces cardiovascular disease
• Reduces stress.
An Ideal Diet for Women with PCOS
- Restrict carbohydrates
- Include high-fiber & low-carbohydrate vegetables
- Include proteins in every day meals.
Natural Supplements That Help With PCOS
Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother is one of them. Let’s know more about this wonder drink.
Apple cider vinegar can help manage blood sugar, improve symptoms of PCOS and promote weight loss. A typical dose is 1–2 tablespoons (15–30 ml) mixed with water and taken before or after meals. A study published in ncbi journal suggests that 15 ml of Apple cider vinegar consumed over a period of 90 to 110 days showed marked improvement in ovulatory function through improving hormone sensitivity in PCOS patients, thus, avoiding pharmacological treatment.
Try Mixing 15 ml apple cider vinegar with luke warm water and a pinch of cinnamon for much better results.
Many high-quality studies suggest that cinnamon helps reduce sugar consuming hormone resistance and restore ovarian function in women with PCOS